Breeder Celect Cat Litter
Breeder Celect Cat Litter is one of the most highly rated cat litters available and it is very popular with cat owners.
This is a paper cat litter, which is made from 99% recycled paper and comes in the form of compressed cylindrical pellets.
There is an interesting back story behind Breeder Celect Cat Litter, as the company originally collected and processed paper and cardboard for paper mills, before developing the technology to convert old newspapers into absorbency products for domestic use.
As it is a paper cat litter, then Breeder Celect Cat Litter enjoys all of the following benefits:
- It is dust free, so it is very good for cats that have any allergies or respiratory conditions. This also means that there is no dust attracted to your cat’s paws that may then be walked around the house.
- It is soft on cat’s paws, so it is ideal for cats with recent surgical wounds or for a declawed cat that requires soft surfaces.
- There is no fragrance, which can be an advantage as some cats will refuse to use a litter box with scented litter.
- The recycled newspaper pellets are good for the environment as there are no additives or chemicals, it is biodegradable and they are easy to dispose of.
- The pellets are very absorbent, which means the tray is easy to clean.
Breeder Celect Cat Litter is also a good choice for kittens, as it is non-toxic so it is not dangerous if they ingest any of the pellets. This means that Breeder Celect and other forms of paper cat litter are much better options for kittens than some other litters such as silica cat litter.
If you do decide that this is the best cat litter for you, then it is recommended that you fill the litter tray with between 2–4 cm of litter. If you are making the transition from another type of litter, then a good idea is to sprinkle some of the paper pellets over the existing litter and then add new pellets daily.
As with all cat litters, it is important to change the litter tray on a regular basis, although it is not a good idea to flush Breeder Celect Cat Litter down the toilet as the paper pellets may expand and cause a blockage.
Maintaining the litter tray is straightforward, as you should remove waste regularly and stir the pellets to aerate. You can top up with fresh pellets, but make sure the tray is completely changed at least once a week.
Breeder Celect Cat Litter is now available in packs which feature newly designed handles making them easier to lift and carry. The packs also include an easy to pour spout, giving more control over the litter going into the tray.
Breeder Celect is available in packs of 10, 20 or 30 litres, and although it is more economical to buy the larger packs this is a lot of litter that will keep you going for quite some time.
The 10 litre pack is available for £8.99 and the 30 litre pack is priced at £15.59. These prices are similar to Bio-Catolet which is another good quality paper cat litter.
A paper cat litter won’t be the preferred choice for all cats and their owners, but those who use it on a regular basis enjoy plenty of benefits as well as knowing it is good for the health of their cat and the planet.